Chicken Katsu Pakoras Recipe
You asked, and we delivered... The Chicken Kastu Pakoras was created in our Chef School session with Jean-Christophe Novelli and Festival Head Chef, Chris Burt, and now we have the recipe so you can create this tasty dish at home!
Chicken Katsu Pakoras
175g chicken mince
1/4 diced red onion
5g chicken powder stock
10g Chinese curry powder
20 plain flour
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
1/2 teaspoon togarashi spice
10g sev noodles
4 tablespoon mayo
10 ml mango puree
1. Mix together the chicken, diced onion, chicken powder, curry powder, 1 egg, plain flour, coriander and half the togarashi.
2. Form in to a burger size patty.
3. Heat a little rapeseed oil in a heavy pan, until medium hot & add the patty.
4. Mix the mayo, mango, sriracha to taste & the rest of the togarashi, put to one side.
5. Turn the patty when golden brown, and repeat on the opposite side.
The patty will be ready when its golden brown, if in doubt use a temperature probe, ensuring its over 76 degrees Celsius.
6. When done, spoon your mayo mix over & sprinkle with the sev noodles enjoy!
2024 Exhibitor & Street Food applications are live!
Join us in the sunshine this June 29th & 30th 2024...
The unveiling of our School Garden Competition winner!
Morris Property have turned dreams into reality with their latest garden project for the winners of our School Garden Competition!
The local law firm supporting our festival
“A special place in our hearts” – why Shrewsbury law firm Aaron & Partners support the Shrewsbury Food Festival